18 June 2007

25 September 2006 - Birthday on the Island of women

The days here are pure bliss. I don’t think even I could find the right words to describe how it feels spending days in this small enchanted Island, where you can see both sunrise and sunsets from the shore, where the people - local as well as tourists - are so friendly and open and smiling.
I’ve met some really wonderful people here, from all over the world, sitting at the main hang out place (Pocna), having Burritos and Tacos and Guacamole (the best and healthiest food ever), getting into deep or funny conversations, then going to the beach bar for an after party with great music and mingling and dancing.
Last night, my birthday night and Mor´s last day of the trip, we took the ferry to Cancun and went to the Coco Bongo club to see the most amazing show ever, people and confetti flying from the ceiling, mad music and beautiful people.
At 5am, barely walking, we took the ferry back to Isla Mujeres and watched another day begins as the sun was rising from the water line near the port.
I’m having trouble sleeping. It’s too hot and humid and the local Mexicans feel like sharing their mood with everyone on the street, so they would either sing or yell their lungs out no matter what time of day (or night) it is, but I think the main reason I’m not getting any sleep is excitement - I don’t want to miss out on ANYTHING!
And as I’ve never been much of a sleeper I think I manage that pretty well...
In a day or two Alit and I will make our way to Tulum, where the beaches are supposed to be even more amazing than in here, and the atmosphere is much quieter - no night life, lots of time to reflect... I have many books to read, many Spanish to learn and millions of stars to watch :)
Then Alit will fly back home and I’ll probably make my (long!) way to inside Mexico, to the Colonial city San Cristobal De Las Casas, which is supposed to be the sweetest place. The rest stays open, of course :)

No comments: