18 June 2007

23 September 2006 - First words from Mexico

This is my first mail from Mexico, I’m right now in Isla Mujeres - The Island of women, where the word turquoise gets a whole new meaning, the water is unbelievable, the Mexican people are really sweet and welcoming.
I’m here with Mor and Alit and 1000 other Israelis - we celebrated Rosh Hashanah together last night and it was really special...
We will probably stay here for a few more days; celebrate my birthday in a huge party in the most famous club in the area - the Coco Bongo! Should be great fun. In the meantime I’m trying to work on my Spanish...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how was the weather in mexico that time (september)?

Efrat Havusha said...

I was concerned about possible hurricanes at this time of year before going, and kept checking the weather forecast on a daily basis. However, when I was there, there were no real storms. Yucatan was hot and humid (VERY hot and humid...) and Chiapas was quite chilly and even got rather cold at night. There were a few evenings in which it pored down with rain (Especially in Chiapas, not really in Yucatan), but nothing that got in the way of my plans!